Designing Data-Intensive Applications Pdf book is for you if you create software applications that use the internet and a server or backend to store or process data (such as web applications, mobile apps, or internet-connected sensors).
Software developers, software architects, and technical managers who enjoy writing code should read this book. It is essential if you have to pick the architecture of the systems you work on, such as when you have to decide which tools to use and how to apply them to a particular problem. But even if you are forced to use specific tools, this book will give you a better understanding of their advantages and disadvantages.
Designing Data-Intensive Applications PDF Book Description
By comparing the benefits and drawbacks of various systems for processing and storing data, author Martin Kleppmann aids you in navigating this complex environment. Although the software is constantly evolving, the underlying concepts never change. With the help of this book, software engineers and architects will be able to put those concepts into practice and fully utilize data in contemporary applications.
Since there is already a tonne of documentation available for such items, this book does not attempt to provide comprehensive instructions on installing or using specific software packages or APIs. Instead, we go over several core data system principles, trade-offs, and the numerous design choices made by different products.
All the Important features of this book are listed below:
- Examine the inner workings of the systems you presently employ and discover more efficient ways to use and manage them.
- Make wise selections by recognizing the benefits and drawbacks of various instruments.
- Be able to balance the trade-offs between complexity, fault tolerance, scalability, and consistency.
- Recognize the distributed systems research that forms the foundation of modern databases.
- Investigate the operations of well-known online services and take note of their architectures.
Who Can Learn From This Book?
You’ll value this book if any of the following apply to you:
- To support web or mobile applications with millions of users, you want to learn how to make data systems scalable.
- Applications must be highly available (with minimal downtime) and operationally reliable.
- You’re trying to figure out how to make systems easier to manage over time, even as they expand and as requirements and technologies shift.
- You naturally want to know how things operate and what happens inside popular websites and online services.
- This book dissects the inner workings of numerous databases and data processing systems, and it’s fascinating to see the clever design choices.
Download Designing Data-Intensive Applications Pdf
Since reading, editing, and running source code is a terrific method to fully comprehend how something functions, this book has a leaning toward free and open source software (FOSS). Vendor lock-in is also less likely with available platforms.
However, we also talk about proprietary software (closed-source software, software as a service, or internal software developed by businesses that are only detailed in literature and not made available to the general public) where it makes sense.
Click on the button below to get Designing Data Intensive Applications PDF Free Download directly to your devices: